Saturday, February 05, 2005

Rare events: A wedding and a FO

Tonight is the wedding of my good friend Danielle (not to be confused with Dani). I leave in a few hours, and I can't wait. From the sounds of it, it will be quite a fun time. I think like 80% of the people at the wedding are young people, and because she's a fellow swing dancer, she's having a huge dance with a live band. I'm promising myself that I'll limit myself to 4, well spaced-out, drinks. And lots of water. I'm a bit notorious at weddings, a reputation I'm eager to replace.

I do have a FO to report. (Pick your jaws up off the floor, I do finish things occasionally). The Eros scarf is finito! I have some pictures that Dani took of it while it was in progress, which I will post as soon as she sends them to me. And I figure out how to post pictures (probably the more rate-limiting step).

I'm very happy with the way it turned out, and would suggest to anyone knitting a similar scarf with ladder-yarn, cast on more stitches than you really think you should. (Spoken by someone who knit it once half as wide and ripped it out to be re-knit) The width provides a nice weight to it, and makes it drape and shimmer oh-so-nicely. But you can still wear it so it looks thinner (scrunching or folding), as a belt or headband.

So, off to pretty myself up for the wedding. Wearing a new dress that I got on Queen street for a bargain of a bargain, and hoping knowing that I'll look ravishing. Happy Saturday to everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

Pictures are on their way, I promise!

12:46 PM, February 05, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun at the wedding, I'm sure you'll look gorgeous and have a wonderful time! And yeah on the F0, what a great feeling to have a completed scarf!

10:18 AM, February 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:25 PM, February 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, you seem to have a very well put together blog here!

Regards,
Custom Camera

6:14 PM, April 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home