Monday, August 30, 2004

Feasting tonight!

Wow, Cesky Krumlov is amazing. I wish I had more time to soak in the amazing atmosphere. We arrived here today after a 3.5 hour bus ride from Prague. I didn't read the fine print about how long it took, I was expecting more like 1.5 hours! Ah well, it was definitely worth the trip.

It's a gorgeous medeval town with so much character and charm. There is a beautiful river winding through the town, perfect for rafting, kayaking, or inner tubing (on the itinerary for tomorrow). Apparently there is also some good horsebackriding in the area, so tomorrow might be a really full day! Unfortunately Sarah and her friend have to get back to Frankfurt, so they're leaving tomorrow morning to go back to Prague. I'm sure I'll manage to stay busy without them, but it's been really cool to hang out with Sarah again.

We're staying at the Traveller's Hostel here (the same company as the hostel I stayed at in Prague) and it's really funky. Much better than the one in Prague actually. There is even a pretty cool looking bar right in the hostel.

Today we just have been wandering around the town, trying to soak it all in. We saw some people getting married up in the castle, such a fairy tale! We just had some coffees down by the river, and came back to the hostel for a nap and a shower before dinner. We're going to a place someone recommended to us, right on the river. It's specialty is a Bohemian feast with warm mead! Spike, I'll have to see how the mead compares to the stuff you get. I think tonight might be a late one, hence the naps.

Oh, I forgot to tell you about last night. After dinner, all of us were feeling pretty zonked out, but felt weird going back to the hostel to sleep at 8 pm. So we went to see a movie! Fortunately all the movies here are with Czech subtitles, not dubbed, so it worked out fine. We went to see King Arthur, which was terrible, but it was exactly what we were in the mood for. And we still managed to get to bed early, so we got about 11 hours of sleep, even having to get up early to catch the bus!

I definitely think Cesky Krumlov was a good choice for the end of my trip. This mellow mood is exactly what I need before it's time to think about reality. *gasp* Ok, that's enough of that. It's still a few days away!

Danielle: Will definitely check out (I almost wrote Czech out...I think I have too much of my dad in me) that theatre, thanks for the tip!

Dad: Glad to hear that you guys have been reading. I hope I haven't sullied your impression of me as your sweet little girl!

My whole fam, as well as Jill, if you're still reading: Sarah says hi!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

Hey Lady

Hmmm, married in a medival castle...that even sounds better then Sawmill Creek! :)

Lemme know the details about Thursday and what time you are coming in. I can't wait to see you! Enjoy the end of the trip!

10:00 AM, August 30, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, I'm still reading, don't worry! That's great that you and Sara kept in touch and are hanging out in Cesky Krumlov! I wish I could say that I kept in touch with my exchange partner! I guess she didn't appreciate me forcing her to play hockey with my PE class...
Here is a pretty creepy coincidence: I met an Italian couple in southern Spain and their names were ALSO Elisa and Paulo. Any chance it's the same people? Mid-thirties or so?
Enjoy your last few days!
love jill

5:11 PM, August 30, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home