Back to blogging!
Well, after being linked on here and here I figure it's shameful for me not to be updating regularly.
So, here goes. *deep breath*
Last night was a bit of a birthday celebration, so I had some gals over to my place for dinner and drinking, and then we all headed out to the Devil's Martini. The night was a grand success, with my first attempt at lasagna-making going over fairly well. And people brought all sorts of yummy food and wine (I think there were 5 or 6 bottles of Yellow Tail Shiraz brought to my place?). Dani made (by popular request) a mouth-watering molten chocolate cake that used a pound and a half of chocolate. Needless to say, it went over very well.
And I got some lovely gifts, including a skein of 100% cashmere yarn from Fleece Artist in a beautiful colourway that reminds me of fresh berries. Who else could that amazing gift have been from but the lovely Dani. She also spoiled me with a beautiful bracelet and a knitting book.
And, the piece de resistance...an absolutely GORGEOUS bag that she made me herself. It's completely reversable, with one side a burgendy corduroy and the other side a stunning raw silk. There are even 2 different kind of handles (a girl loves to have options) one set of corduroy ones that button on, and one set of beaded ones that you tie on with matching ribbons. And the little details are to DIE for. Beautiful beads sewn on the "fancy" side, and an adorable little sheep decal on the less fancy (but still wonderful) side. I can tell I will use this bag on a very regular basis. I am so lucky to have such a generous and creative person for my best friend in the whole wide world. I love you Dani, you're the best!
I apologize for the lack of pictures (especially of the bag, you need to see it to believe it). I don't have a digital camera, but I think I'm going to go out and buy a cheap one for the purposes of having some visual aids on here.
I almost forgot to mention one of my other favourite gifts. A button that says "It's my birthday, wanna spank me?" Don't worry, I wore it last night, and it was a grand success. I may have to check for bruises today though, the clientele at Devil's Martini was quite enthusiastic!
I promise knitting content to be a regular thing on this site, but it's no fun reading about knitting without pictures, so I'll wait until that's a possibility. I've got about 10 projects on the go, so there will be plenty of photos!
2 Comments:
Hi Miss Bedora,
It's Dani's Mom. I can't believe that I am the first to welcome you back! I can't wait to see the pic of your bag, I have heard so much about it. And I am also glad that I have another blog to read. WELCOME BACK! Gail.
Hello - I'm not sure if I emailed you or not, so I thought I would advise you here.
You need to insert the member id ringsurf gave you in both the previous and next section of the code. This ensures the ring works properly.
Once you have done this, let me know and I will add you to the ring.
Post a Comment
<< Home