Monday, September 25, 2006

Countdown to Guatemala & Belize

I think it's time to dust off this old blog and get posting again. What's the occasion? In one week I leave for a month-long trip to Central America. More specifically, Guatemala and Belize.

I'm heading off on my own, but my main man Marcel will be joining me for ~10 days around week #3.

I thought I'd get the ball rolling with some info about my first destination:



Here's what Wikipedia has to say about
Guatemala:

In a nutshell...
Population: 12,800,000
Area: 108,890 km²
Capital: Guatemala City
Currency: Quetzal (Today 1.00 CAD = 6.80708 GTQ)
Time Zone: GMT -6 (an hour behind Toronto, an hour ahead of Alberta)

I don't have firm plans for my itinerary, but am planning to spend the first 5 or 6 days in Antigua (not to be confused with the island of Antigua in the Caribbean) doing some Spanish classes and staying with a Guatemalan family.

I had such a good time posting regular updates whiletravelingg in Eastern Europe 2 summers ago, I'm planning to do the same for this trip, internet availability permitting of course.

So please keep reading, and if you feel so inclined, post comments!

Coming soon: A brief intro to Belize

1 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

Ah, the blog emerges from the depths! Can't wait to hear all the new adventures!

4:30 AM, September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home