House music, salsa dancing, and brunches galore!
Wow, what a weekend. Where to even begin?
Well, I had plans to get together with my friends Dani and Heidi on Friday night. We planned on starting the night out with some drinks, some crafts (decoupage was suggested) and then a night of dancing out on the town.
I hate to admit it, but the crafts kinda got left by the wayside (except for the industrious Dani, who got a few rows knitted on the gorgeous sweater she is working on) in favour of apple martinis, white wine, and a round of shooters.
I had heard from my friend Kiran about a party at Revival that was supposed to be good. My friend Kiran is really into house music, and always has his ear to the ground about when the best events are, so we decided to take his advice and check it out.
I'm so glad we did, because I ended up having one of the best nights out EVER. The event was put on by a group called Quadrasonic: 4 djs spinning on 8 turntables simulataneously, surrounded by amazing visual projections. The crowd was super cool, really into the amazing music and cool atmosphere. There were some breakdancers there that took my breath away.
One of the guys running the event (who was also one of the DJs) and I kinda hit it off, and were dancing a bit to some latiny groove, and he insisted I go salsa dancing with him the next day. In fact, I think his words were "If you don't come salsa dancing with me tomorrow, I'll die." Never one to put another's life at risk, I agreed.
Saturday morning I met Steve for brunch in Cabbagetown, and then came home to sleep off my hangover and try to get some work done.
Saturday night was time to meet "Rico Suave" (who actually turned out to be a really cool guy) to go salsa dancing. I ended up having the time of my life, even though I'm sure I was a crap dancer.
After another late night, I had another brunch with some friends I hadn't seen in ages, so it was great to catch up.
So now my legs are killing me from all the dancing, and I have the hangover of the century, and about 8 hours of school work ahead of me. But it was worth it! A really fun weekend that reminded me why I love Toronto.
2 Comments:
Glad you had fun hun!
Sounds like you had ana amzing week-end, and worth the hangover! Are you going out dancing again...hmmmm...
Post a Comment
<< Home