Quote of the weekend
What have you got to lose? Don't say dignity, because it's overrated. I haven't had any since I was about 12.Spoken by my dear friend Chris, who was trying to talk me into something. I met Chris on my travels in Europe this summer (see the August archives), and he made my day on Saturday with a phone call. Although we chat on MSN almost every day, I hadn't actually heard his voice since we parted ways in Vienna. So, although (as usual) I could hardly understand a word he said in his very thick British accent, it was amazing to hear from him.
Knitting news:
I've been swamped with schoolwork, but have been working away on my ribby cardi. Here is the back and one sleeve
Everything is done but the sewing up and collar, so hopefully that will happen soon in between paper writing and practicing for my clinical exam which is on Friday.
So far, I'm mainly been distracting myself with "One Song Dance Breaks" an idea introduced to me during my undergrad. When you feel like your brain can't hold another piece of information, put on a great tune, dance your brains out, and get back to work. I would recommend "Let's Get Retarded" by the Black Eyed Peas. I think this also would be an excellent idea for those of you in the corporate world. Give'r a try why don't you?
3 Comments:
For the record, my accent is not 'thick', it's 'normal'! And before the lovely Laura tells anyone otherwise, neither do I use the word 'blimey'. My apologies that this comment is so short, but I have a lot of school work to carry on with, and (just for Laura) in all honesty, I can't be fucked.
Laters, Mr C x
Walking on Sunshine is always a good cheesey dance tune as well. I am not sure that would go over so well at work....
Blimey, that's a damn good quote.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
And I love the idea of a One Song Break! Hope the work goes well!
Post a Comment
<< Home