Thursday, February 17, 2005

I want my life back!

My lack of blogging for the past few days is a direct symptom of me being frantically busy with school stuff, and having nothing really interesting going on. (And no knitting, so if you're looking for knitting news, sorry! Even Knitting and Apprentice night isn't happening tonight!)

Tuesday I had 2 papers do for school, but I still managed to sneak out on Monday night for some Valentine's fun with some of my single girlfriends. We hung out at Reservoir Lounge listening to some amazing Jazz, looking irresistable, and having lots of great girl-talk.

Tuesday I handed in my papers, had 8 hours of class (on 4 hours of sleep, always fun) and then I stayed in Hamilton for the night. It was my friend Erin's 27th birthday, so 7 of us got together at a fun little restaurant (to my shock and surprise there was a decent place in HAMILTON) and drank some wine and ate some great italian. I stayed over at Erin's place and had giggly sleepover girl-talk until the wee hours.

Wednesday (yesterday) was a scramble to finish some school work, rush through anatomy (seeing a bucket of severed feet after 2 nights of hardly sleeping...made me feel a little queasy) and finally stopped for some groceries on the way home. Last night I was feeling totally burned out, so I had a quiet night in with Jack Johnson a bubble bath and Bailey's on ice. I read a few hours on my new book (I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb, a birthday gift from my good friend Alison) and had a few nice phone calls. Good thing I relaxed...

Today I got up early, did a bunch of studying, came to Hamilton for some group practice for my clinical exam, and then headed to the library, where I am now. I've got some cramming to do before I head to my friend Michelle's to do some more practicing and spend the night at her place. At 9:15 am tomorrow, please have your fingers crossed for me! I'll be heading into my bell-ringer practical exam with clammy hands, trying not to endanger the lives of my simulated patients!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

Good luck sweetie, I know you will do fine!

9:06 PM, February 17, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

And you didn't find time to knit?...just kidding, I'm surprised you find the time to sleep! You are one busy girl!

Good luck with the exam. I'll cross my fingers for you, but I don't think you'll need it!

4:33 AM, February 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home