Saturday, August 28, 2004

mmm...sheep curds

Well, Peter, you would be proud of me, I've finally eaten Bryndzova Halusky! For the rest of you, today I ate the official dish of Slovakia for lunch. Little pasta-ish dumplings (like Spaezle or Gnocci) with sheep's cheese on top, with some fried bacon on top for good measure. All washed down with a good Slovak beer. I was a little hesistant about it, but it actually turned out to be really good!

I spent a couple of hours wandering around a little bit, seeing some of the sights of Bratislava. It's truly a beautiful city, I don't know why I was so surprised, but I really like it! And the people here seem very nice, and very sweet when I try out my Slovak. In most places, when I try out the local language, they sort of roll their eyes and speak English back to me. Here they humour me, which is nice. :)

No plans for what to do tonight...I think I'm going to have a shower right now, a quick nap, and then see where the night takes me. There's a little bar in the hostel, and I'm sure if I sit here for 5 minutes I'll find about 20 people to go out with. I don't know if I want to have a very crazy night though. I've been feeling slightly under the weather, and have to get up to go to Prague early tomorrow.

I've been trying to sort out accomodation in Prague, and again, I'm having a little difficulty. Part of the the problem is that many of the hostels are University dorms that turn into hostels for July and August. The students all come back on Monday, so all of those hostels are no longer open to travellers. So we all have to squeeze into the few remaining ones, which is tricky. Plus, I'm trying to find places for 3 people, me, Sarah, and Sarah's friend. I'm sure we'll find something though. If not, there's always the Boathouse! It would be nice to see Vera again.

I can't believe I'll be home in less than a week. Part of me is very sad that my trip is drawing to a close, but part of me is looking forward to seeing all my friends again, sleeping in my very own bed, and the most exciting thing, starting school again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

Hey Hun

I checked out your apartment today and everything was good. No important mail, just bills. :)

Make sure you party it up on the last part of your trip, you can rest when you come home!

I will make sure that I wear my sweater on Thursday. It gives me incentive to get it all finished and blocked. Check out my site if you get a chance, I bought a lot of stuff today.

I miss you so much, can't wait until you come home!

D

5:30 PM, August 28, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home