It's all coming together!
Well, you will be happy to hear that my yarn has successfully arrived in Dryden. And just in time, because I finished with my last inch of the grey Inca Alpaca about 3 hours before it arrived, and I was feeling very antsy.
So one suitcase has arrived. Unfortunately it wasn't the one with most of my clothes. I have my workout clothes and some VERY handy bathing suit bottoms. But it had yarn and toiletries and cds and laptop cables! Woo hoo!
The airport manager just called and let me know that the second bag arrived as well. He's going to swing by and drop it off after work. How cool is that?
I can tell already that I'm going to get a LOT of knitting done while I'm here. I'm at least half done my Pi are Squared shawl in the grey Inca Alpaca. Tonight I might start Clapotis during the Oscars. I have some gorgeous Fleece Artist Merino yarn in bright pink!
This year the Academy Awards will be different than the past few years. Usually I print out the list of the nominees and do my very best to see EVERYTHING. At least the Best Picture, Actor/Actress, Supporting Actor/Actress, Director, Screenplay. I make a strong effort with the foreign films and things like costumes and makeup. Then I always find an Oscar party and 2 or 3 Oscar pools. This year I've hardly seen ANY of the films. It's amazing how much being a student changes things. It should be interesting watching tonight.
3 Comments:
I can't wait to see your Clapotis in the merino. I am curious to see how it wears. I am sure you will get lots of knitting done during the awards
Yeah! Both suitcases and lots of knitting. You're going to love clapotis, and it's the perfect thing to be knitting in Dryden. I wear mine every day and sometimes inside when the temperature really drops. I'm glad to hear that everything is coming together and that you're snug as a bug! Hope you enjoyed the Oscars (I'm the same way...I try to see all the movies before...this year, not a single one)!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home