Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Uh, a rotating cup strain??

I saw my first patients all by myself today! I think I did pretty well, but it's clear that I'm clueless about the way of life up here. I faked that I understood what a guy was talking about when he said it bothered him to stoke his pellet furnace. I think I may need to google that.

I also must have had a deer in the headlights look when I asked a patient what types of activities he was having trouble with around the house, and he said "Well, it's really difficult to carry firewood and clean my chimney." Then again, he had the same look when I explained about his hand being "innervated." It's a learning curve for all of us.

Oh, I can't believe I didn't mention. They were doing a story on the Dryden radio station about the hospital, and we were mentioned! Not by name or anything, but they were discussing the Northern Studies programme, and that there were 2 physiotherapy students at the hospital. All this media attention...I really AM in the Simple Life!

Stay tuned for the great buffness challenge with Dani. Who can work out for the most hours in a month? Who's going to have the most ripplingest biceps? Who is going to win the as-yet undecided grand prize, guaranteed to be something sumptuous to knit?

8 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

Yes, we have to decide what the prize is. I need some hard core motivation (you would think that since it is probably only 6 months until my wedding that this would be enough).

5:07 AM, March 02, 2005  
Blogger Carol said...

"Stoke the furnace" means pitching in the fuel for the fire. Yes, you are living in a totally different lifestyle. Cleaning chimneys and carrying firewood are daily necessities out in the boonies. Good luck with the learning curve!

12:04 PM, March 02, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! I actually know both expressions. "Stoking a pellet furnace" means adding wood pellets (the pellets being wood chips that have been compressed into a dense pellet, and are quite heavy). The pellets are loaded into a container that feeds a wood stove. And "carrying firewood and cleaning a chimney" are necessary daily activites as carol said. carrying firewood is heavy and cumbersome. There's lots of bending over and stooping with precarious amounts of wood. Same with cleaning the chimney and stoking the fire. You're really learning aren't you! Feel free to drop by my house and carry in firewood and stoke the wood stove! HA!HA! Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself.

And have fun with the great buffness challenge...you two are nuts!

2:05 PM, March 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
What a great blog!!
I will certainly come back here often and check.
If You really are interested in chemical in nail polish I can recommend You to visit chemical in nail polish
Here You will find all You need to know about chemical in nail polish.

12:17 PM, October 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about accordion museum
. You can check it out at accordion museum


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

1:43 PM, October 25, 2005  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:20 AM, November 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog on as seen on tv tooth whitening while searching the web and wanted to tell you it is great. Feel free to have your participants view as seen on tv tooth whitening for more great ideas.

12:54 PM, November 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our present world is ever changing. Information about Pellet Stove too changes with time, so read on to learn the latest on Pellet Stove.

3:07 AM, March 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home