Posting post-girls night
Well, apparently my blog audience is growing (hi mom and spike!). So, I'd better post today, just to keep y'all interested.
Naturally, I've been talking about travelling a lot lately to various people I encounter, and it seems like half the people I talk to have great stories to tell about Eastern Europe. A patient today at the clinic couldn't say enough good things about Krakow and Budapest. A swing-dancing friend of mine who has travelled the world told me that Budapest is his all-time favourite travel destination. A very dear girlfriend absolutely insisted that I keep Slovenia in my travel itinerary. Even my banker got into the act, going on for alsmost an hour about how wonderful her travels to Poland have been!
Of course, this has all been contributing to my excitement about travelling to this fascinating part of the world. The region's volatile political history, emerging economic status, fierce nationalism and unparalleled friendliness seem to combine in a way that just fascinates me. Needless to say, my excitement to get on the road is growing exponentially by the hour.
Just got home from "girls night" with Alison and Dani. Alison announced her engagement to Brian tonight, and invited us both to be part of her special day! So a few celebratory drinks have been had, and it's time for bed for miss bedora.
1 Comments:
And what a girls night it was! It was great to have the three of us sitting around a table like.....well, giddy girls! I can't wait for the wedding, so Alison can look wonderfully stunning and miss bedora and I can feel important.
Only 1/2 day of work left....how does it feel? Are you going to be hanging around late tomorrow saying goodbye to everyone?
Only 4 days to go!
Post a Comment
<< Home