Ja viem trosku po slovensky
(That means I know a little bit of Slovak)
Last night Peter gave me a Slovak-English Dictionary and Phrasebook. I think it will prove extremely handy on my trip.
While I'm not actually planning on being in Slovakia for a very large portion of my trip, most Eastern European languages are similar enough for Slovak to still be useful. I've heard people compare Czech and Slovak to American English and British English. Almost the same, with a few different words and slightly different pronunciation.
It seems like Polish is also quite similar. Maybe more like American English and Olde English? I dunno, just a guess.
So this is the educational portion of my blog-
Repeat after me:
Ahoj, ako sa mas? (Hello, how are you?)
Dobre, dakujem. (Good, thank you)
Ja zmeskam Laura (I miss Laura)
Ja milujem Laura (I love Laura)
Aren't I subtle? Well, thought it might be useful. Stay tuned for more handy phrases.
Wow, did anyone else notice that they've already got banner ads for travel to Eastern Europe up on my page? Impressive...
1 Comments:
the ads did not take long....I wonder if you started talking about knitting if knitting ones would start to appear
The I love Laura is subtle... :)
You need to get a new email address...I hate not being able to talk to you at work!
D
Post a Comment
<< Home