Thursday, July 22, 2004

Well, that was helpful...

After not hearing back from ANY of the hostels that I'd tried emailing to make reservations, I finally decided to try calling the hostel I'm interested in staying in while in Prague. It's called Ritchie's Hostel, and the best thing about it is that it is the most centrally located hostel I could find. And the facilites sound not half bad. And it was the #1 choice of my travel book for Prague.

www.mujweb.cz/www/praguehostel

So, after spending about 10 minutes trying to figure out HOW to call a place in Prague (international code first, then country code, then city code, then phone number) I gave it a try.

The guy spoke english. And he answered at what must be after 2 in the morning. Good start, right? Wrong.

I asked if I could make a reservation.

"For tomorrow?"

"No, for August."

"For August you must email."

"Well, I tried emailing, but I haven't gotten a reply."

*silence*

"So, can I book it over the phone?"

"No, you must email."

"Well, emailing hasn't been working. Do you have any other suggestions?"

"No." *silence*

Ok, well, that was GREAT. I'll cut the guy some slack, it's 2:30 in the morning. But come on.

So, I sent another email, and am now waiting and seeing.


1 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

Ouch, that is rough. Sounds like people in Prague are about as helpful in people in Toronto....

9:33 AM, July 23, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home