Monday, July 25, 2005

Perv

Wow, it's been a really long time since I posted. Ah well, I've been busy. No harm done right?

Today I have the day off from "work" (I'm halfway through a 6 week physiotherapy placement at a private Sports Medicine Clinic in Mississauga) so I can't use the "no time to post excuse" today.

After getting some things done around the house, I decided to go and work on my tan a bit. I live in a basement apartment with no access to a yard, so when I want some tanning time, I have to either head down to the Beach (too lazy today) or head down the street to the local park. It's true that it can be a tad anxiety provoking to be in your bathing suit in a public park, but I figured no one would be around on a Monday afternoon.

I put on my bikini, packed up my blanket,my ipod, and some bottled water and headed for the park. As predicted, it was pretty deserted. So I set up my little area, smeared on some sunscreen, and laid back to listen to my growing list of unlistened-to-podcasts.

Shortly after I sat down, a big group of kids, presumably a day camp or something, arrived and set up a picnic fairly close to me. I was a little annoyed to have my solitude ruined by a bunch of rugrats, but couldn't be bothered to move. I felt a little strange lying around in a bikini around a group of fully clothed children, but tried to put the thought out of my head.

So I settled back down to listen to a string of podcasts called The Dawn and Drew Show, which if you haven't listened to, you should download immediately. They're hilarious. I was really in my own little world, listening to my ipod, in the sun.

After a particularly loud burst of laughter, I peeked out through my half-closed eyes to make sure no one had heard me laughing away to myself like a manic.

Standing about 10 feet away from me was a little boy, about 9 years old, who seemed to be looking at me quite intently. I opened my eyes all the way. The little brat was taking a picture of me with his cell phone!

I didn't know whether to be offended or flattered. Either way, the little brat scampered away before I could pull myself together and clock him one. Ah well, I hope he enjoys it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A NINE YEAR OLD WITH A CELL PHONE TAKING A PICTURE OF YOU IN YOUR BIKINI??? Sorry for the capitalization, but my jaw in on the ground. What the hell is the world coming to? NINE. Be flattered, and then be annoyed with his parents for giving him a cell phone. Come to the lake for a tan...all you'll get is the occasional insect and perhaps a chipmunk looking for peanuts!

5:40 PM, July 25, 2005  
Blogger Dani said...

Yeah, I agree with Kim...I say it is time for a road trip! Some people's kids, geez. I am glad you got a post in before your power went out. I hope you didn't have to wait too long before it came back on!

8:38 PM, July 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just jealous that the little perv has a cell phone that takes pictures and I don't!!! (Not that I would be a perv with it!)

9:52 PM, July 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if u want an ipod, you can go to www.getipodsforfree.com and do an offer. follow the instructions and they'll actually send you a freeipod, no joke, there's reviews all over the internet

2:06 AM, November 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home