Monday, March 21, 2005

No, I haven't been eaten by a polar bear...

Wow, it's been a busy week! And I've been a bad blogger. :(

What's the best thing that happened this week? I got an amazing care package from my best friend in the world, Dani.

I wish I could show you pictures of all the cool stuff she sent, but I'll just have to describe the best I can. The idea was that the box was full of all the things I'm missing from home. Everything had adorable little labels!
my mojo: Some flashy purple nail polish. My toes are looking MUCH peppier!
my fun: A cute-as-a-button sheepy pen with dangling legs. I've brought it to the clinic with me to write charts, and it's been a hit.
my friends: 2 framed photos, one of Dani and Heidi and I, and one of my whole gang of friends at my birthday party. They're on my bedside table as I type!
my yarn: Dani, you know me so well. 2 skeins of Arucania Nature Wool Chunky in a gorgeous red colourway. Very subtle gradations of colour. I can't decide what to make, but I'll definitely be scouring the internet for patterns over the next few days!
my fashion: A Glamour magazine, which everyone in the house (including James) has read cover-to-cover about 5 times already.
my chocolate: A bag of mini O'Henry bars, my favourite chocolate. I won't comment on the number of THOSE that have been consumed. And not by my roommates either.

She missed the most important thing: herself!. But Dani, I guess you wouldn't fit in the box. Plus, TJ wouldn't know what to do without you. But I can't wait to see you in 3 weeks!

Knitting news: Pi are Squared is blocking! I'm really happy with the way this shawl turned out. I don't know why I'm surprised, because I did the exact pattern with the exact yarn (just a different colour) for my Dad's wife Tammy, but the thing just GROWS when blocked out tightly to show off the laciness.

Clapotis got a big boost yesterday, as I was completely lazy all day and didn't even get out of my pajamas. I took Yarn Harlot's idea of foregoing the stitch markers (16 stitch markers getting in my way? No thanks!) and just purling the stitches that are going to be dropped. I've got about 5 of the ladders dropped so far, and it's so much fun! The slipperiness of the Fleece Artist Merino means as soon as it gets dropped it goes zzzziiiiping down.