Monday, August 23, 2004

I lied

Ok, so I am posting today after all...I needed to sort out some banking online, so I had to come and use this computer again. Plus, in checking out the info for Portoroz, my next stop, they list the closest internet in KM away from the city, so I won't be using it there.

Very nice day today...got up semi-early, had a nice breakfast, and hiked up to Bled castle, the oldest castle in Slovenia. It had a museum inside, and a gorgeous view of the area. So I took lots of pictures up there.

Then, I went down to the lake, and lay in the sun, swam in the lake, and read my book for the majority of the day. The lake was surprisingly warm...imagine being able to swim in Lake Louise and having it be warm! And so clear and blue. I could see giant fish swimming underneath me, kinda freaky.

I went back to the hostel, showered, changed, headed to the post office, and to a grocery store where I found PEANUT BUTTER! That is something that they just do NOT eat here, so I got a whole jar and some bread. So excited to eat that, although I don't have a knife to spread the peanut butter.

I think I'll meet Chris for dinner at 7-ish, so I'm just going to wander around the lake until then.

Tomorrow we're taking a super early (7 30 am) bus tomorrow to Ljubljana, and then a bus from Ljubljana to Portoroz (10 00 am) that should hopefully get us into town by around 1 pm. Hopefully that will be enough time to find accomodation and grab some rays! There isn't a hostel in Portoroz, so we'll have to track down a private room.

Anyways, gotta run, I'll post again in a few days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home